Annualised Alpha Target:
Investment Process Characteristics:
Fundamental process such as:
- Bottom-up stock picker with or without top-down/thematic/country/sector considerations.
- Perform desk-based and on-site fundamental company research.
- Your philosophy will be based on the belief that markets are inefficient and that an active process can be used to generate alpha.
Managers who should not apply:
- Pure quantitative managers should not respond to this questionnaire. Instead they should consider our parallel search on RFPnetworks to add a complementary quantitative manager to our equity portfolio.
- Fund of funds, or multi-managers will not be considered.
- Your universe should be limited to developed markets as defined by the countries in our benchmark.
- Investments in non-benchmark companies listed in developed markets are allowed, without limitation.
- Number of portfolio holdings: Lower limit of 35 companies (soft minimum). Upper limit 120 companies (soft limit)
- Active country/sector/stock risk limits versus our benchmark – flexible.
- No investments in companies listed in emerging market countries as defined by MSCI.
- Pure Value or Pure Growth managers will not be considered.
- Exposure to both Value and Growth companies is required - weightings at the discretion of the manager.
- Your product should be designed to outperform our benchmark by at least 150 basis points p.a. net of your annual management fee.
- (Hard knock-out) A live track record of less than 3 years as of 31 July 2022 for the product being proposed will not be considered. Unless supported by a 3 year track record at a previous firm for the same key investment professionals & process (e.g. as a result of a team lift out into the current firm, or to form a new boutique).
- Performance data should be in USD, not GBP.